Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little tray update (involving paint of course)

Hello all,
Yeah! School is out for summer but the weather is cold and rainy, feels more like spring break. I hope this weekend brings warmer temps. The only good thing is I get to stay inside and work on some projects. First up is this small tray I got from Target about a year ago in the $1 section, although it was $2.50. I like the color but it is a chalky finish and I just needed a change.

This is before:

Here it is on the couch table, which has been bugging me for a while I need to shake it up a bit. I should just clear the table off then I would be more motivated to find the right accessories for the top. I have been looking at this table for months trying to figure out what I don't like about it. Do you ever do that? Sometimes it takes me forever just to style a bookshelf or table. But when it is right it is right.


Here is the pretty little tray in a new shade of yellow. A few months ago I picked up a free Valspar paint sample from Lowes. The color is Transit Pass. It looked mustard in the container but is more of a soft yellow. It is a nice change.


Love the little hedgehog that is peeking and I know my fern needs some love. The color is such a nice change, warm and sunny for summer.


Here is the new set up for the table, I am not sure the picture frame is quite right so I will live with it for a while and see what else might work. I love the corks though, great color and interest. Well for now I like the change. We'll see how long that lasts.
Have a great weekend everyone! I can't believe the week is almost over.

update:
I already had to switch things around, and I like it much better. Here is another After shot.


I love corks! and they work much better in the tray.


Ahhh, that is much better. I need things to be balanced and symmetrical. 
Now back to spray painting. I can't wait to finish some projects.



2 comments:

  1. So many fabulous projects! You definitely shouldn't be shy about sharing your blog. I cannot believe you built that patio furniture! I love the TV set up too--flanked by lamps with the beautiful flowers underneath. --Megan from Balancing Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, they really mean a lot.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...