Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lazy Susan

I can't believe how fast the weeks are going now that school is so close. I know some of you have already started, but we don't start until after Labor Day. It is only two weeks away! Although it will probably take that long to get them going to bed earlier so they can get up earlier.  That always seems like a difficult process.

I have had fun getting ready for our end of the summer BBQ coming up. On our trip to Michigan in May we went to Ikea and I picked up a lazy susan and some metal buckets. I was going to use it for craft supplies but I don't have a place to leave those out all the time and the lazy susan is pretty large to just leave on the kitchen table all the time. I decided to add some paint (of course) and use it for entertaining instead.


Here are my supplies:



I used Valspar spray paint in Indigo cloth satin. I just love that color. I also thought I would use magnets to hold the buckets in place but they seem to stay just find so I didn't add them.

I just LOVE how it turned out! It was such an easy project and will be a great addition to our backyard BBQ and will be great use for other entertaining as well.




I love the blue with the metal buckets.




I hope you are enjoying the rest of your summer. Are you working on any projects? I don't know if I will get more or less done when the kids go back to school. Our schedule will sure change.
Have a great day!



That’s What Che Said…




Linked up over at: Handy Man, Crafty WomanBalancing HomeSomeday CraftsHouse of HempworthsThe 36th AvenueShabby Creek CottageA Glimpse InsideTatertots and JelloHappy Hour ProjectsIt's OverflowingSuburbs MamaUncommon DesignsSkip to My Lou4 You- With LoveMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaBalancing HomeHandy Man Crafty WomanDIY by DesignThe Life of Jennifer DawnSomeday CraftsHouse of HempworthsThe 36th AvenueImparting GraceThrifty Decor Chick

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Awesome Idea! If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/sunday-linky-22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, and thanks for the invite. I will head over there now.

      Delete
  2. I would have never thought to make my own lazy susan and especially not with the buckets! What a clever idea!! Thanks for sharing at Life Inspired - Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful....I recently picked up that same lazy susan at IKEA and I just may need to give it a new colorful facelift! This post is so amazing I hope you would be willing to stop by and share it at a weekly link party that I co-host with 3 other amazing bloggers called, "The Project Stash". It goes lives tomorrow at 8:00 pm eastern time!

    Have a fabulous day!

    Marilyn
    www.4you-withlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn, I am always amazed at what a little spray paint can do! I would love to pop over to "The Project Stash" to link up, thanks for the invitation.

      Tammy

      Delete
  4. Hi Tammy! I found you through your feature on Suburbs Mama - this is such a cute idea! I really want to make one of these for art supplies- need to add it to my IKEA list (it is a running list since I only get there about once a year!). Thanks for sharing the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! I too only get to Ikea about once a year, the list gets pretty long by the time I get there. Thanks for visiting a great day.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to Monday Funday! I featured YOU today! Please stop over and grab a button! xo Cheryl

    http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/10-organizing-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this! Thank you so much for sharing it at Grace at Home. I featured you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...