Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter Mantle


I finally took my Christmas mantle down, I really liked that one so it was hard to take down. Just when I think I have packed all the Christmas decorations away I find another wreath or bowl full of ornaments. Does that happen to you?  I hope I find everything soon, I didn't have that much out.

At least my mantle is done, for now. I would really like to find a mantle setup that I keep up longer than a holiday. It is too much work changing it with each holiday. We will have to see

Winter Mantle  - the colored door

I started with a bunch of S's (Our last name starts with an S) that I found at Joann's and Hobby Lobby.  And I painted them up in either white, gold or blue.

winter mantle - the colored door

For one of the gold letters I added a blue edge. I love how it turned out. (If you will notice I added a thumb tack to the bottom to keep it from rolling away) S is hard, I had to eliminate several choices because I didn't know how I was going to get it to stand.

Winter mantle - the colored door

Winter Mantle - the colored door

I love this little gold S. It is fun to add more gold to the house.

Winter Mantle - the colored door

Since we are in Wisconsin and we got about 8 inches of snow the other day it is best to embrace it. So "let it snow" is very fitting around here. We might as well get used to it and try to enjoy it. I would rather have the snow than the bitter cold.

winter mantle - the colored door

I hope you are staying warm. I am headed off to a girls weekend! It will be so fun to catch up with friends I don't get to see much these days. So excited!

Have a wonderful weekend yourself!

Featured at:
A Sweet Fragrance

Sharing over at: The Dedicated HouseNancherrowYesterday on TuesdayLove Grows WildHome Stories A to ZMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaSo much better with ageLil Mrs. ToriSomeday I'll LearnCarolyn's HomeworkA Bowl full of LemonsHope StudiosA stroll thru lifeThe Life of Jennifer Dawn733 BlogSomeday CraftsCherished BlissLamberts LatelyImparting GraceMade in a dayJennifer RizzoLiz Marie BlogFrench Country CottageThe 36th AvenueMy Love 2 CreateSuburbs MamaBe Different Act NormalDelineate your DwellingSkip to my LouUncommon DesignsBlackberry VineElizabeth and CoDIY by DesignHandy Man Crafty WomanOh my CreativeMy Girlish WhimsThe Turquoise HomeMostly Homemade MomThrifty Decor Chick

13 comments:

  1. Lisa at Mabey She Made ItJanuary 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM

    I like that it's neutral and fun and that the winter theme can last for a while! Thanks for linking up to Do Tell Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, Yes the winter theme can last longer than I would like. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the "s". Very creative I've never seen a mantle with more than one initial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It's got a good winter feel without being too Christmas-ey. I really love the grey chevron canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Mary! Yes I may have gone overboard with the initials. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carrie! The chevron was fun to do. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chalk board is super cute and pops on your mantel! pinning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! You are featured on today's Do Tell Tuesday link party and have been pinned to our features board! Feel free to grab a button and link up this week too. :) http://www.vintagezest.com/2014/01/do-tell-tuesday-8-with-features-co-host.html

    Diane @ Vintage Zest

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you added the snow on your chalkboard. Great winter mantle, thanks for linking up to our Link It or Lump It party!


    Amy @ Delineate Your Dwelling

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Diane! I will head on over to grab a button. Thanks for hosting have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I figure it is cold and snowy here, might as well embrace it. Thanks for hosting Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mantle! I love the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful mantle, I'm in WI too and happen to have a wintery mantle, it's fitting! Love what you did with the letter S.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...