Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Paint Chip Organization


I have a quick organizing post for you today. I don't have any of those fancy paint fan decks, I never thought I really needed one and I didn't want to spend the money on one. So every time I went to the paint store looking for colors I would grab 2 or 10 paint chips. And of course the kids wanted a few also.  I don't know about you but when I go to the paint store colors I love don't look as good once I bring them home. So I have learned grab lots of colors so when I get home I have choices.

Well I have accumulated a lot of paint chips over the years, and I just keep adding them to this folder.

paint chip organizing - the colored door

Well the other day I decided to make my own fan decks. So I went out and bought some binder rings. My kids use these a lot to hold their flash cards together, so I figured they would work for this too.

Paint Chip organizing - the colored door

They work perfect holding all the paint chips of the same brand together. My daughter helped me punch holes in the bottom corners of the paint chips and then I organized them by number.

paint chip organizing - the colored door

Now I have perfectly organized paint chips, no more folder! I think I will hang them on a few nails in basement.

Paint Chip Organizing - the colored door

So do you have those fancy paint decks or are you like me with a folder? This is a super fast super easy organizing project. It always feels good to get some organizing done.

Have a wonderful day!


Sharing over at: The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Someday Crafts, Cherished Bliss, Mostly Homemade Mom, Lamberts Lately, Imparting Grace, Made in a Day, Jennifer Rizzo, The Shabby Nest, The Dedicated House, Nancherrow, Yesterday on Tuesday, Home Stories A to Z, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, So much better with age, Lil Mrs. Tori, Someday I'll Learn, A Bowl Full of Lemons, A stroll thru life, the 36th Avenue, My Love 2 Create, Suburbs Mama, Be Different Act Normal, Delineate your Dwelling, Thrifty Decor Chick, I heart organizing

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I need to start grabbing swatches. Then, when I get the 'green light' to paint, I will be all set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie, I might have a few you could use if you ever needed to borrow any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I have a ton of these but have yet to organize them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...