Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cork Board

We had a great time in Colorado, such a beautiful place! I would never get tired of looking at those mountains.

I finished a quick project for my sons closet/office. My parents had an extra desk and my 8 year old son has been asking for a desk in his room for a while now. My son has a good size walk in closet so we decided to put the desk in there. My son loves being cozy and secluded in his little nook. I decided to add some cork boards above his desk so he had a place to display his artwork and favorite pictures. We did not paint this room when we painted his room, so it needed a little color.

Here is the space before:



I found 12" square cork tiles at Target and I got 4 packs of them. I needed to glue them together because I didn't want the push pins to damage the walls. I had to glue three together to make sure the push pins had enough room. 

lots of glue
weighted them down 

I painted 2 of the squares Open Seas by Sherwin Williams. We painted my sons room that color so I had some left over paint. 


I used Command strips to hang them. I didn't want to damage the walls in case we needed to take them down. The top strips are bigger than the bottom ones, only because I was trying to use what I had, those things are expensive! 



Here is how is looks after:



My son said "cool Mom", so that is a win for me. I really like the color block look. It was a fun easy project, I just love cork board.





I am partying over at:
Home Stories A to ZMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHandy man crafty womanMostly Homemade MomThrifty Decor Chick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...