Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peace and Joy (chipboard letters)


I don't go into Target a lot (they have too much fun stuff there) but when I do, I always check out the dollar section. Sometimes I find great stuff, sometimes not. On this trip I found some silver chipboard letters, score!

fun with chipboard letters - the colored door

I bought two packages in case what I wanted to spell needed two letters. Now I wish I bought 3 because Merry Christmas has 3 R's. Bummer.  I found the bakers twine at Hobby Lobby, they had lots of colors.

Chipboard letters - the colored door

So I went for "Peace and Joy" and I love how it turned out. It was such a simple craft. I used a small hole punch and just thread the bakers twine through, super fast and simple.

Fun with Chipboard letters - the colored door


Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

I used some clippings from our Christmas tree to decorate in and above our curio cabinet.

Christmas decor - the colored door


Christmas decor - the colored door

You can see in the background I now get to use my thankful frame for Christmas cards. I love having a place to display the fun pictures and cards.

Fun with Chipboard letters - the colored door

For the letters that only needed one hole punch I taped the back to the string so they would lay flat. If you look close you can see the tape.

Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

Two weeks left until Christmas and my house is finally decorated. Now the wrapping of presents begins. One of these years I am going wrap as I buy so I am not so overwhelmed. Someday.

Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

I wish your family all the peace and joy of the season!


Sharing over at: Imparting GraceLiz Marie BlogOne Project CloserThe Shabby NestUrbane JaneTatertots and JelloThe 36th AvenueYesterday on TuesdayHome Stories A to ZLove Grows WildStone Gable BlogSo much better with ageLil Mrs.ToriCarolyn's homeworkHope StudiosCoastal CharmHi SugarplumA few minor adjustmentsFunky Polkadot GiraffeA stroll thru lifeHandy man Crafty WomanDIY by DesignOh my creativeMy Girlish WhimsThe Life of Jennifer DawnThrifty decor chick733 blogA glimpse insideCherished BlissJennifer RizzoLife of Virginia StreetFlamingo ToesI should be mopping the floor

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks so pretty and your cabinet? That looks wonderful, especially with the gorgeous backdrop you put inside it.....Wonderful!

    I am your long lost sister of present wrapping procrastinator....so this year what I did was I put all the presents I "could" on the kitchen table....so everytime I walked in to cook, eat or grab a drink I saw the work I had to do. It helped! I started wrapping 2 a day....instead of an all day wrapping while my hands cramped party. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute!! I found you on the Twirl and take a Bow Party!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! And on your Target comment...I wish I didn't go in there much. I always end up spending more than I originally intended. Don't you just love their "dollar" section though?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...