Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peace and Joy (chipboard letters)


I don't go into Target a lot (they have too much fun stuff there) but when I do, I always check out the dollar section. Sometimes I find great stuff, sometimes not. On this trip I found some silver chipboard letters, score!

fun with chipboard letters - the colored door

I bought two packages in case what I wanted to spell needed two letters. Now I wish I bought 3 because Merry Christmas has 3 R's. Bummer.  I found the bakers twine at Hobby Lobby, they had lots of colors.

Chipboard letters - the colored door

So I went for "Peace and Joy" and I love how it turned out. It was such a simple craft. I used a small hole punch and just thread the bakers twine through, super fast and simple.

Fun with Chipboard letters - the colored door


Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

I used some clippings from our Christmas tree to decorate in and above our curio cabinet.

Christmas decor - the colored door


Christmas decor - the colored door

You can see in the background I now get to use my thankful frame for Christmas cards. I love having a place to display the fun pictures and cards.

Fun with Chipboard letters - the colored door

For the letters that only needed one hole punch I taped the back to the string so they would lay flat. If you look close you can see the tape.

Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

Two weeks left until Christmas and my house is finally decorated. Now the wrapping of presents begins. One of these years I am going wrap as I buy so I am not so overwhelmed. Someday.

Fun with Chipboard Letters - the colored door

I wish your family all the peace and joy of the season!


Sharing over at: Imparting Grace, Liz Marie Blog, One Project Closer, The Shabby Nest, Urbane Jane, Tatertots and Jello, The 36th Avenue, Yesterday on Tuesday, Home Stories A to Z, Love Grows Wild, Stone Gable Blog, So much better with age, Lil Mrs.Tori, Carolyn's homework, Hope Studios, Coastal Charm, Hi Sugarplum, A few minor adjustments, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, A stroll thru life, Handy man Crafty Woman, DIY by Design, Oh my creative, My Girlish Whims, The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Thrifty decor chick, 733 blog, A glimpse inside, Cherished Bliss, Jennifer Rizzo, Life of Virginia Street, Flamingo Toes, I should be mopping the floor

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks so pretty and your cabinet? That looks wonderful, especially with the gorgeous backdrop you put inside it.....Wonderful!

    I am your long lost sister of present wrapping procrastinator....so this year what I did was I put all the presents I "could" on the kitchen table....so everytime I walked in to cook, eat or grab a drink I saw the work I had to do. It helped! I started wrapping 2 a day....instead of an all day wrapping while my hands cramped party. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute!! I found you on the Twirl and take a Bow Party!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! And on your Target comment...I wish I didn't go in there much. I always end up spending more than I originally intended. Don't you just love their "dollar" section though?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...