Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DIY Dessert Stand


I love cake stands and dessert stands. They are so great for entertaining and birthday parties. I have one cake stand that was given to us as a wedding gift and I have always wanted more. But obviously these are not a necessity so I always passed them up. Well on Like a Saturday she made a really cute Anthropologie inspired dessert stand that I was so excited to replicate. I love all the inspiration you can find on the web!!

DIY Dessert Stand - the colored door

I started with two cups from the Goodwill for $0.50 each, I can't believe all the green glasses and fun glasses at the Goodwill. I found these clear glass plates at Walmart for $1.00 for the small one and $1.50 for the large ones. So my dessert stand was a total of $5.00, not to bad.

DIY cake stand - the colored door

I cleaned all my dishes and pulled out my E6000 glue.

DIY cake stand - the colored door

I added a bead of glue around the edge of my cup a waited a min or so, per the instructions, before placing it on the bottom of the plate.

DIY cake stand - the colored door

Now if your child, who is playing outside, starts to scream like her arm was cut off just as you are placing your cup on your plate and you mess up a little, don't worry. I found that the glue does rub/scrape off the glass pretty easily once it is dry (just so you know her arm was not cut off). Or if this doesn't happen to you, you can always just use a Q-tip to wipe the excess off that may have squeezed out.

DIY cake stand - the colored door

On their own I don't love the green glasses but on this stand I love them. I need to find some pink cups and blue cups now.




This was such a quick and easy project and could be totally customized to your theme or favorite color combinations.





I only glued the cups to the plate so I could take them apart and use them separate plus it will be easier for storage. 



Don't you just love easy DIY projects? These turned out so great, I need to keep my eyes open for more colorful dishes. 

Hope you have a Wonderful Day!



I was featured at:

Sharing over at: Cupcakes and CrinolineLove Grows WildHome Stories A to ZTiny SidekickThe Winthrop ChroniclesLil Mrs. ToriNot Just a HousewifeThe Turquoise HomeSomeday CraftsThe life of Jennifer Dawn733 BlogCherished BlissLamberts LatelyLiving Well Spending LessImparting GraceThe 36th AvenueRemodelaholicLiz Marie BlogTatertots and JelloMy Snippets of inspiration

4 comments:

  1. Tammy, this turned out so well! I love those green glasses--they remind me of some that my family had when I was growing up. It was a great idea to use them to create a dessert stand!

    Thank you so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I loved how this DIY came out! You definitely have a gift to give a new and different life to everyday things. :) You are my featured blog of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Richella!! I will pop over for a button. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind words! And thanks for the feature I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...