Thursday, July 4, 2013

Drink Cart

Happy 4th of July!!

I just love this time of year, the parades, fireworks and fun community events.

I love entertaining, especially for the 4th, but this year our back patio is not ready for guests so we will have a party later in the summer.

I found this great cart at a garage sale for $2! I was so excited when I saw it, just needed a little paint. I knew it would be perfect as a drink cart on the back patio.

Here is the before, not a pretty color:




I taped a zip lock bag over the wheels because I could not get them off.


Here is the after:





I used Valspar spray paint in indigo gloss, it is my new favorite color!

I just love how it turned out. I have been using it as a side table to my bench but it will work so great for a drink station when we are entertaining. So for around $7 I have a great outdoor drink cart. I just love garage saleing, you never know what you are going to find. Have you found any treasures at garage sales lately?

Have a wonderful 4th of July!!


Monday Funday at TWCSLife-Inspired-Featured-Button.jpg






featured_button.png










House of HempworthsThe Better HalfTatertots and JelloFunky Junk InteriorsIt's OverflowingThrifty Decor ChickUncommon DesignsI Heart OrganizingElla ClaireHome Stories A to ZCoastal CharmA Stroll Thru LifeBlackberry VineTwo Twenty OneBalancing HomeSomeday CraftsHandy Man Crafty WomanSugar and Dots


Skip To My Lou
  


Lil\'Lunawgw+button.jpg            My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
         
The Humble Brag Supporting Habitat for Humanity

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, I would have snapped that up so fast. Love your new color and the way you've styled it. Perfect for any party and then it can hold plants too. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    Your cart turned out great - amazing color. I imagine this will be a piece that is used to make a lot of memories.
    Debbie @ Deliciously Inspired
    http://www.deliciouslyinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I look forward to using it this summer.

      Delete
  3. What a fun makeover. Love the color choice :). Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $2!? I think I would have done cartwheels in their front lawn. Lol. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was giddy when I saw it. I love finding those treasures. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Hi Tammy! Featured you today! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday! Stop by and grab a feature button! xoxo Cheryl

    http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/10-summer-drinks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring me! I am so honored and excited! I love your blog.

      Delete
  6. It is useful,i can put my tea set on it when i am drinking tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. $2.00! Unbelievable. Wish I could find deals like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cart is absolutely adorable. I can't believe you found it for such a steal. I discovered your blog while googling " Valspar indigo gloss" tonight. I've got some powder-coated stools we use at our kitchen island that came in a dull shade of blue. Right now it's like the country blue color from the 1980s/90s and I'd like it to be more vibrant. I read about Valspar's indigo color a couple other places and it looks like it might be just the right color. I just hope it will stand up to use as an every day stool that gets sit upon and feet put on the rungs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...