Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wine and Cheese Party


This past weekend we hosted a wine and cheese party. It is our favorite party to host. Everyone brings wine and I just have to get some cheese, crackers and some fruit and we are good to go. Very minimal decorations, it is really easy. My biggest challenge every year is coming up with a good idea for labeling the glasses. The wine charms never work because after a few glasses of wine I can't remember if I had the pink one or purple one. I find names work the best. But I have to find labels that the guys will also use, not an easy task. Freckles Chick had a great idea using washi tape to label the wine glasses. It is perfect!

wine glass labels with washi tape - the colored door

The gold polkadot theme started with the washi tape. I love this tape!

wine glass labels with washi tape - the colored door

I had a choice of pens out, my hubs didn't want a pink pen.

wine glass labels with wahsi tape - the colored door

wine glass labels with washi tape - the colored door

We had a great spread of cheese for all ages. This was a family party so I always make sure to have cheese the kids will like and unique ones the parents will enjoy trying. And since we are in Wisconsin, the cheese state, my choices are endless.

wine and cheese party - the colored door

Have you ever tried blueberry white cheddar? It was good!

cheese labels with washi tape - the colored door

cheese display - the colored door

And one sign of a good party, lots of empty bottles.

the colored door

So fun! Time to plan the next party. It is the only way we get to see our neighbors in this cold weather. How are you surviving this winter. I am ready for spring!




Sharing over at: Tiny SidekickWinthrop ChroniclesLil Mrs. ToriA few minor adjustmentsThe Turquoise HomeSomeday CraftsThe Life of Jennifer DawnCherished BlissLamberts LatelyLiving Well spending lessImparting GraceMade in a dayLiz Marie BlogTatertots and Jello36th AvenueThrifty Decor Chick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...