Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Patio Reveal


So far summer has been just the right balance of busy and being lazy. Which is always my goal. I have had my first couple of Etsy sales which has been really exciting! If you need any birthday banners, photo props or decorations I would love for you to check it out.

We have had a rainy start to our summer but we have still been really enjoying our patio! It has taken a few years but the final results are even better than I was expecting. It is one of my favorite places to hang out.

Summer Patio - The Colored Door

And just like any good reveal here is a before. Pretty bad, right?


And here is my new favorite spot to sit.

Summer patio - The colored Door

The table we made is holding up great and getting a lot of use.

Summer Patio - The Colored Door

I LOVE our new fire table. I like a nice warm fire just like the next girl but I can't stand smelling like smoke so this is the perfect compromise. We have fire at the turn of a dial and no mess. We found this one at Lowes. The blue glass looks amazing! We ordered that online.

Summer Patio - The Colored Door

I love having a separate dining and seating area, I am so glad we could make it work.

Summer Patio - The colored door

We hope to plant a vegetable garden this year but so far I have only managed to start the herbs. Cilantro for salsa, mint for mojitos and basil for pizzas, YUM!

Summer Patio - The Colored door

This spot is a favorite for summer book reading.

Summer Patio | The Colored Door



Summer patio - The Colored Door

Summer Patio | The Colored Door

I hope you are enjoying your summer so far, as usual I can't believe it is almost the 4th of July.

Summer Patio | The Colored Door




Have a wonderful day!!



Sharing over at: Tiny sidekickWinthrop ChroniclesNot just a housewifeLil Mrs. ToriJust a Girl and her BlogThe Turquoise HomeCherished BlissThe Life of Jennifer Dawn733 BlogSomeday craftsHomecoming MNLiving Well Spending LessThe 36th AvenueRemodelaholicDimples and Tangles

12 comments:

  1. Looks FANTASTIC Tammy! : ) I'm totally jealous! Since we bought a foreclosure the yard was neglected for 2 years... I have so much work ahead of me! Hopefully next year I will get it all finished up! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely gorgeous. I loved every bit of detail in the photographs. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard being patient, but it is worth it. All the work can be daunting too, good luck with yard. I can't wait to see your kitchen though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind words Zakkiya! Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come over? =) Looks fabulous! Thanks for linking up with us at the DIY'ers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cape on the cornerJune 26, 2014 at 7:08 PM

    that looks like a wonderful spot! i love the furniture. we just built a brick patio, and i used a rug like your pillows. the bold stripe really makes it pop, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam @ Simple DetailsJune 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM

    So fun to find your blog, Tammy! Your patio is beautiful, and looks like the perfect spot for lounging with a book or entertaining a crowd. I love your fire pit and the bright, fun accents you've incorporated!! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have you over! Thanks for hosting Ashely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love the bold stripe, I bet it looks great on a rug! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again Pam! Thanks for hosting. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your patio is gorgeous! I'm in the process of finding a "design direction" for my patio right now and you just gave me a ton of inspiration! I love your table and bench; I'm reading your DIY on that next...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.comJune 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM

    I am always drawn to deck makeovers as I love spending time out there! Yours is beautiful... What a transformation! Love all your furniture and that table especially!! Would live for you to share this (or any other DIY) at our link party on my blog please! It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...