Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Foyer Light


It has been such a busy couple of weeks visiting family and having family visit. I won't complain though, they don't live close and sometimes we don't see each other for a while.

It is good to get back to my do to list though. I am not sure how much I will get done before the kids are done with school though. I can't believe summer vacation starts next week! I can't wait to have them home so we can just be lazy before the summer schedule of activities starts. It is always such a challenge finding the right balance so we are not bored but not too busy either.

Well just like a lot of you, our house came with standard lighting which included the dreaded "boob" lights. I can't wait to get all of them out of the house. I have started with the foyer light.

I dreamed of something like this from Pottery Barn but are ceilings are only 9 ft, not tall enough for this, plus at $299 it just wasn't in the budget:
So we started with this (boob light):
Then we tried this semi flush mount drum light from Home Depot, by Hampton Bay.
 We liked it but something was missing so I added some grey ribbon and it is much better. It is such a simple change but it really made a big difference. I already had the ribbon and the glue so it was free too, bonus!

Their is another "boob"light down the hall so I need to save my pennies to buy another one of these. Only next time I will put the ribbon on before I install the light.

Yay another project complete now on to the next one. I hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying some summer weather, it is so great to get outside and hang out with the neighbors again.

Tammy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...