Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cupcake Stand

I can't believe my baby just turned four! Time is going way to fast. We have already had a few parties for her but her last party with family is today.

I have never had a cupcake stand. I just couldn't justify the purchase when I knew I would only use it a few times a year, plus it would be something else to store.  I have seen people on Pinterest "fancy up" cheaper cake stands, so I thought I would give it a try.

I found this cardboard cupcake stand by Wilton at Walmart for $5.50.


Then I went to my paper stash and starting cutting. I glued the pieces together but just taped them to the stand in case I want to reuse it.



It turned out pretty cute and didn't take much time at all.



Have you ever "fancied up" a cardboard cupcake stand? The possibilities are endless.
Have a wonderful weekend, I am looking forward to celebrating with family.



I am linked up over at Tatertots and Jello, Happy Hour Projects, It's Overflowing, Suburbs Mama, Uncommon Designs, Skip to My Lou, 4 You- With Love, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Balancing Home, Handy Man Crafty Woman, DIY by Design, The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Someday Crafts, House of Hempworths,  The 36th Avenue, Imparting Grace, Thrifty Decor Chick

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the little flags on the bottom tier. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I'm pinning this to my Minnie Mouse board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. How fun you have a board dedicated to Minnie Mouse.
      Tammy

      Delete
  3. Great additions! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-27.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...