Thursday, January 9, 2014

Placemat Pillows


One can never have too many pillows right? But sometimes I have a hard time justifying the cost. Well, a little while back on Thrifty Decor Chick she posted about turning placemats into pillows, genius! I can't find her original post but her blog is awesome if you have not visited her before.

I found this placemat at Target on clearance and could not pass it up.

Placemat Pillow - the colored door

It was such an easy and fast project, I don't even have pictures of how I did it. They only thing you need to check for is that the placemat has two layers of fabric. Then you just use a seam ripper and make an opening between the layers. Then add your stuffing and sew her back up. Super easy and cheap. The placemat was $2 and I already had the stuffing.

Placemat Pillow - the colored door

Now I am always on the lookout for placemats to turn into pillows. Especially holiday or themed ones since they are out such a short period of time.

Placemat Pillow - the colored door

My chicken wire frame is still full of Christmas cards. They make a great decoration, I think I will keep them up a while.

Placemat Pillow - the colored door

Placemat Pillow - the colored door

Have you ever made a pillow from a placemat? What a great idea! 

I hope you are having a fantastic week, it is supposed to warm up a bit here, woo hoo!


Featured at: Liz Marie Blog

Sharing over at: Imparting Grace, Liz Marie Blog, The Shabby Nest, Sugar and Dots, Made in a Day, Jennifer Rizzo, The Dedicated House, Tatertots and Jello, 36th Avenue, Nancherrow, Be different act normal, Home Based Mom, My Love to create, Suburbs Mama, Delineate your Dwelling, Uncommon Designs, Keeping it Simple, Skip to my Lou, Mad in Crafts, So much better with age, Cupcakes and Crinoline, Home Stories A to Z, My uncommon slice of suburbia, Lil Mrs. Tori, Carolyn's Homework, A bowl full of lemons, A few miner adjustments, Coastal Charm, Hope Studios, Someday I'll Learn, DIY by Design, Oh my creative, Handy Man Crafty Woman, My Girlish Whims, The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Somday Crafts, Cherished Bliss, Mostly Homemade Mom, Lamberts Lately, Made in a Day, Love Grows Wild, French Country Cottage

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I found you via Imparting Grace and am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I've made some pillow covers using napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing idea! Thank you for sharing!! I would love to change out my pillows more frequently but don't have the budget to do so. This will be a fantastic way for me to change decor (probably seasonally) without breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and simple idea! I'm definitely doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...