Monday, August 5, 2013

Back Yard Progress

Someday I hope to be able to title a post "The Back Yard is Finished!!!" Maybe someday.
But we have made A LOT of progress and I am so pleased with it. It is pretty much all we have done for the last week and a half. We have learned how to put up a retaining wall, which is a skill I hope to  never need again.

Here are some before pictures for added effect (yucky dead grass and all):




And after lots of sweat and hard work here is the retaining wall we put in:


We accidently had a few extra blocks so we just continued around with the blocks. We put in some stepping stones so we could access the patio from the side. I know the kids will go that way so it is better to give them a place rather than have them walk through the garden. I just love the stepping stones they turned out better than I thought. I added some Wooly Thyme between the stepping stones which are meant to be walked on and are very soft. They will get little pink flowers in the summer, can't to see that next summer.



So are backyard is slowly but surely making progress. I meet with a landscaper tomorrow to discuss planting but those will probably have to wait until fall or next spring to plant.


Our quick summer patio project had turned into a MUCH larger project but we are so pleased with the results so I guess it is worth the wait.  I can't wait to enjoy it a little more.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer I can't believe it is already August!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...